Title: Civil Engineer/P.E. Licensed
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Professional Engineer will manage construction projects by preparing engineering design plans and documents in accordance with client and company specifications.
- Plan, design and prepare construction documents for residential and commercial land development projects related to grading plans, street profiles, sanitary and storm water designs, and erosion & sediment pollution control plans, storm water management calculations.
- Designs for construction projects, studying project concepts, architectural drawings and models.
- Prepare engineering design by collecting and collecting data and from reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determine project costs by calculating labor, material and related costs.
- Prepare engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans and schedules.
- Prepare feasibility study by analyzing engineering deigns; conducting environmental impact studies and assembling data.
- Confirm adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction sites, verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfill project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintain operating by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on actions which are needed.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
The required competencies for this job include:
- Applicable engineering procedures, standards and instruments
- Automated engineering systems
- Applicable engineering laws, rules and regulations.
- Legal research methods
- Reading and interpreting applicable plans, schematics, blueprints and maps
- The use of engineering tools, equipment and instruments
- Planning, coordinating and handling multiple projects within area of responsibility to meet short and long term deadlines
- Leading, assigning, reviewing and monitoring the work of others
- The use of personal computers and applicable programs, applications and systems
State, Federal, and locally applicable statues, policies, standards, ordinances, and regulations related to civil engineering practices of public agencies; principles of planning and organizing activities of a major civil engineering section; engineering design and analysis; traffic engineering; construction contract law; principles of cost accounting; supervisory techniques; public speaking techniques; budget preparation and administration practices; Geographic Information System theory, equipment and its application; mapping and engineering practices; principles and techniques of system development and system planning; principles and practices of project management; and, database design and management.
- BSc. (University Degree) in either Civil, Construction Management, Geology or Environmental Engineering, from an accredited university.
- MSc (Added advantage)
- Professional Engineer License (Added advantage)
- 1-3 years of experience as a Civil Engineer
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Design Skills, Site Development, Planning, Conceptual Skills, Legal Compliance and Drafting
- Excellent Communication
- Superior Customer Service Abilities
- Professional Demeanor
- Ability to work well with customers and team members
- Excellent Organizational Skills